Steps on the Journey

Friday, June 08, 2007

Taking a Time Out at "The Ted"


This past Monday, I had the opportunity to return to a stadium that I had not been to in some time. As it was, it was the third stadium I have visited this baseball season. Raegan was with me for this game since we were making a pit stop at the game on our way back to Kentucky from my hometown where we had been at a party in our honor over the weekend.

My beloved Braves were playing host to the Florida Marlins. The Braves have been struggling of late and it was very evident in this game. A pair of bobbled ground balls by outfielders allowed a pair runs to score during the game. Plus, a ball squited away from the catcher on a third out strikeout allowing the runner to reach and a subsequent two-run single to occur. It was a long game for Braves fans as they lost 6-4.

There was a plus or two about the game though. I got to go to the game with Raegan, which I always enjoy. She has taken quite a liking to keeping score of the game (or at least I think she has). It is a lot of fun to be with her. We also got there early enough that we could walk around most of the stadium and eat before the game started.

We did have to leave a little early because we still had an hour plus to our stopping place for the night but overall it was a great visit to Turner Field. I felt like I had not been there in so long. It was good to see the Braves play in person again. If any games, new stadiums or teams get added to the list I will be sure to pass it along.

For those keeping track, here are the new season totals:
3 Stadiums (Minute Maid Park in Houston, Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, Turner Field in Atlanta)
6 Teams (Houston Astros, St. Louis Cardinals, Cincinnati Reds, Colorado Rockies, Atlanta Braves, Florida Marlins)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home