Steps on the Journey

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Limping Into Summer

Well, my days of on campus living at Asbury officially ended today. After spending two years living on the third floor of the Grice dorm, I checked out and packed my car up to prepare to pick up a friend's lease at his house for the next two months. Then, it is off to Texas to get married. The day is fast approaching as we are now under two months until Raegan and I's wedding day (July 21 - in case you forgot). I had every intention of taking a class or two online this summer but decided against that after a long semester and considering everything surrounding the wedding. I will continue to work part time with my job on campus.

I am trying to figure out what I am going to do with my free time other than helping whenever I am asked with wedding stuff. I have decided reading might be the way to go. The plan is to incorporate a lot baseball/sports books and Christian books into my reading. I will try to post on them right here as I read them. One book I will throw out there to all you fantasy baseball players and baseball fans alike is the book Fantasyland by Sam Walker. I will try to write up a little review of it later.

I will leave you with a little verse we have been adding to the end of the prayer notes we have been writing at work to the people attending the next Asbury President's Retreat. The theme is Amazing Love. The verse is from 1 John 4:16-17.

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. In this way, love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment, because in this world we are like him."

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home