Steps on the Journey

Monday, April 30, 2007

A Day at the Races


This past Friday Raegan and I made the trek to the Keeneland horse racing track in Lexington for the final day of racing this spring. It was quite the experience for me. I had never been to a real live horse race in my life, so I can chalk this up as another new thing I have done in my life. All total, we stayed for five races. They run a race about every 30 minutes or so. It really is true that is incredible to watch in person. I even had the chance to place my first ever bet on a race at the track (some people may argue this was not a good thing for me to do, but that is another post, another time). I am proud to say that my first bet ever was a winner. The horse was Criminologist, who went off at 7-1. So, my two dollar bet brought a $16 return. How sweet is that! It was great experience and I am already looking forward to going back in October when racing opens again.

1 Comments:

  • Way to win some $$$ !! I bet on Derby Day and lost a couple of bucks. It might have been 5, even, and I was just watching horses on tv. Next time, I get to see live horses.

    Good thing you won this time, so you can quit, b/c if you keep going, you will lose! Oh ,inevitability...

    PS Y'all's party, etc. the other day was awesome :) I'm glad you and Raegan will still be in Wilmore for awhile.

    By Blogger Anna, At 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home