Steps on the Journey

Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Miserableness of Crashing

Anybody who has seen me over the past week probably noticed I wasn't myself. A lot of people probably didn't see me for precisely that reason as well. It all finally came crashing down on me. Months of too much on my plate and overworking of myself finally reached its breaking point in me. I was basically useless. Yesterday, I felt like I was starting to recover but I am still not quite there. I am hoping I will be back on my feet and rejuvenated by tomorrow. Needless to say, I have a little bit to do to get caught up from a week of basically seeing or talking to nobody and sitting in my room being miserable doing almost no school work. I want to share a few things that I have picked up on that caused this crash in hopes that someone else who may read this doesn't fall into the same trap I did.

First, try not to let too much get on your plate. I had school, work, wedding stuff, and more. Now granted, all those were necessary and important. We all have to be able to know when one is done and another begins and how to put space in between the things (whether the schedule allows or not). Basically, realize your limit and don't do what I just did and try to push it.

Second, find that time during each individual day that you can remove yourself for 15-30 minutes to do a devotional and pray. That was the one thing that always suffered in the madness for me and it showed in more ways than you can imagine.

Third, don't neglect your friends and completely withdraw from them. This is one thing I greatly regret about the time leading up to this. I was not being as good a friend as I want to be to people.

Finally, take some real relaxation time. I need it, you need it, we all need it.

That is it for now. Hopefully coming soon, John and Raegan at "The Juice" aka - Minute Maid Park in Houston.

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home