Steps on the Journey

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mismatched Sox: Baseball in Chicago Part 1


Oh how the long neglected blog always seems to get revitalized. For my birthday back in April, Raegan bought me tickets to see a White Sox and Cubs game in Chicago in August. It also helps that I have always loved Chicago and wanted to go back since I went my only other trip there in high school so we ventured up to "The Windy City" and our first stop was at US Cellular Field to see the White Sox take on the Boston Red Sox.

It was quite an enjoyable game. It is a nice little new stadium that is pretty simple and good to watch a game in. It was a little chilly and I was unknowingly coming down sick as the game wore on. The Red Sox ended up putting a pretty good beating on the White Sox as they homered all over the park. A highlight for both Raegan and I was a Big Papi long ball to dead center.

Here comes the update:
5 Stadiums
Minute Maid Park (Houston)
Great American Ballpark (Cincy)
Turner Field (Atlanta)
Jacobs Field (Cleveland)
US Cellular Field (Chicago)

10 Teams
Houston Astros
St. Louis Cardinals
Cincinnati Reds
Colorado Rockies
Atlanta Braves
Florida Marlins
Cleveland Indians
Kansas City Royals
Chicago White Sox
Boston Red Sox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home