Steps on the Journey

Monday, June 19, 2006

New World, Same Old Story

When I posted on Thursday about my beloved Atlanta Braves, I was hoping that maybe things would start looking up. Apparently, nobody got the memo in the Braves clubhouse that things were supposed to start going better for them now.

The Braves just got swept for the second series in a row and lost Sunday night to the Red Sox by virtue of the bullpen giving up 7 runs in the last two innings. Oh the pain of it all.

I am thankful for one thing during this whole mess though. My tv at the house I am living at while I am working in deep south Georgia this summer only has an antenna for the tv. I get all of one network station (NBC), a local Jacksonville station, and GA and FL PBS stations. So, the positive thing is that I don't have to watch the Braves literally implode every night. Rather, I can just look at the scores the next morning.

I will begin throwing some more thought provoking stuff out soon hopefully. Things are busy, but not too busy so I will try to slip in a post here and there.

John

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home