Steps on the Journey

Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Braves New World

As I sit here and write this post, my beloved Atlanta Braves are 12 games out of first place in the NL East. They haven't been this far out of first place since 1990 (the year before the run of consectutive division titles started). They are just 2-11 in the month of June so far. So needless to say, the Braves are struggling mightly posting a 30-36 record so far this season.

This is a tough road. The Braves won their first division title in the streak when I was 9 years old. 9 YEARS OLD!!! I am 24 now! 24! The Braves have always owned the top spot on my favorite teams list, and they will continue to regardless of the way this season goes. They are struggling, but they are not out. They still have the one of the best, if not the best, managers in baseball. They have talent (veteran and youth). They also have the killjoy of pro sports, injuries. I want to believe they can comeback. Part of me thinks they can, but the other part of me knows they aren't the best team in their division and have a long road ahead of them. All that being said, here's to starting the turnaround today!

We don't need no rally monkey. Start the drum beating, chant screaming, and tomahawk chopping! Go Braves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home